Volunteers Make The Table Work
Volunteers are vital to our success at the Table Community Food Centre. Our dedicated team of volunteers includes people from all over Lanark County, and people from all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome and encouraged to participate.
We have exciting volunteer opportunities available that are open to everyone. There are an array of shifts to fit your schedule. Some of the possibilities include:
- Work in the kitchen preparing and serving food under the guidance of our chef;
- The Good Food Bank can always use help with the work of distributing food to people who need it;
- Help facilitate one of our ongoing programs like Shovel and Spoon, Dads and Kids in the Kitchen, our Community Kitchen or The After School program;
- Get your hands dirty helping out in the garden;
- Stand up for a cause you believe in, or help your peers learn how to make themselves heard with our Advocacy Office and Social Justice Club;
- We have regular fundraising events and community activities that would not be possible without the help of people like you; and
- There's always a need for help with driving, deliveries, cleaning and routine maintenance.
Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer at the Table. In some circumstances we allow younger volunteers, for example if a parent is available to accompany the volunteer or the position is specifically designed for students.
If you are interested in sharing your time, please contact Aisha at email@example.com, phone 613-267-6428 ext. 6, drop by the Centre at 190 Gore St. E, Perth ON.